What Questions Should I Be Asking When It Comes To My Roof Insurance Claim?
Filing insurance claims can be daunting. A million different questions go through your head. It’s not always a simple process. That’s why K&H has put together a standard process along with a list of questions you should be asking your agent and contractor! The process can be complicated, but much easier with guidance.
- Call K&H. We will come take a look at no cost to you and verify if you have damage and to what extent.
- Get in touch with your claim center, not your agent. A K&H rep is happy to assist with this at the time of the appointment.
- The claim center will then ask you questions along the lines of:
- Is there damage?
- When did it happen?
- The claims department will contact an adjuster and set up an appointment.
- While you wait, you want to make sure you completely understand your policy. Get in touch with your agent who you can review the questions below.
- Once an adjuster is scheduled to come out, you can have your K&H rep there if you choose.
- Once the adjuster is done, they will leave you with an Actual Cash Value (ACV) check.
Questions for Agent:
- What does my policy fully cover?
- What is my deductible for hail damage?
- Will my premiums go up if I file a claim regarding damages?
Questions for Sales Rep/Contractor:
- Ask your contractor the 3 most important questions:
- What can we do?
- Why should we do it?
- How can we do it?
- What’s the payment process like?
- Do you approve code upgrades? What’s the process?
- Will we need to obtain permits?
- What’s the warranty on the roof?
- You have the right to choose any company you want to work with!
- Companies legally cannot waive your deductible.
- Beware of inexpensive quotes that may seem too good to be true. Companies could be reusing your old materials and pocketing the rest of the money.
- Make sure you’re getting what your insurance company has paid for!
For more information on K&H roofing projects and roof insurance claims, click here!